Atlantic Geotechnical Services, Inc. (AGS) originated in 1992 by Mike Noggle and Terry Rothrock, and grew to about 30 people. AGS began as a multi-disciplined engineering, consulting, and testing services organization with a highly qualified staff consisting of registered engineers, geologists, scientists, and other personnel with related technical backgrounds and education.
In October of 2016, AGS was pleased to announce that Hillis-Carnes Engineering Associates, Inc., a leading consulting engineering provider of geotechnical, environmental, facilities, and construction materials testing and inspection services would be purchasing and joining forces with AGS. Our company now operates as Atlantic Geotechnical Services, Inc. (A Division of Hillis-Carnes).
Our goal to provide client satisfaction and high quality service has been accomplished by the dedicated and hardworking staff which has lead to our success and expansion.
- Michael O. Noggle, P.E., Branch Manager; University of Missouri at Rolla (BSCE) and Texas A&M University (MSCE. P.E. Registration: North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania and Louisiana. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Terry W. Rothrock, Manager Construction Testing Services; East Carolina University (BS Geology). email@example.com
- Scot A. Harrell, P.E., Geotechnical Engineering Department Manager; North Carolina State University (BSCE), University of Texas (MSCE). P.E. Registration: Virginia. firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael O. Noggle, P.E., Branch Manager
- Soil Engineer and then a Project Manager for McClelland Engineers (New Orleans and Houston) performing geotechnical studies for Offshore structures [Oil Drilling and Production Platforms; Geotechnical Engineer for first deep water (1000+ ft.) Gulf of Mexico platform] and onshore structures, e.g. high-rise buildings (up to 72 stories + 4 basement levels), refineries, chemical plants, mass transit systems, dams, Petroleum/LNG Import terminals, etc.; both domestic and overseas.
- Project Manager in Airport Design Group for Turner Collie Braden (TCB) (Houston) and in-house TCB geotechnical consultant. Performed and managed civil engineering design for airports in Houston, Philadelphia, Nashville, Oklahoma City, among others.
- Branch Manager for S&ME, Inc. and Engineering Consulting Services, Ltd. (ECS) offices in Richmond, VA. Managed Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Environmental Services. Work varied from private sector (retail and commercial offices, industrial facilities, etc.) and public sector (schools, county buildings, airports, SHRP North Atlantic Pavement Testing project).
Terry W. Rothrock
- Engineering Technician for S&ME, Inc. out of Raleigh office. Worked on airports, shopping centers, power plants, industrial facilities performing soil, concrete, and asphaltic concrete testing on these structures. Worked around the Middle Atlantic States.
- Manager of Construction Testing Services Department for S&ME Richmond, Virginia office. Supervised the work of technicians on various projects (e.g. airports, shopping centers, commercial buildings (up to 23 stories), roads).
Scot A. Harrell, P.E.
- Civil Engineer for Professional Services Industries (PSI), first as Project Engineer and then as Construction Services Manger of San Antonio, Texas office, where he managed a large staff of technicians. After receiving his MSCE he became the Geotechnical Engineer for this office. Project work included refineries, chemical plants, commercial and retail buildings.
- Geotechnical Engineering Manager for the San Antonio, Texas office of Raba-Kristner and Associates where he supervised a staff of geotechnical and other engineers. Project work was mostly in the private sector commercial buildings (low to high rise), industrial facilities, retail buildings, subdivisions.